Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Limited songs aired + censor

I've been working for the past 2 weeks and listening to Hitz (the only station the office radio can detect, this doesn't mean I don't like Hitz coz I used to be a HUGE fan of the station until....)
Until....when I started to listen everyday, from 9am-6pm (during working hours), I realised the same songs kept playing.
Songs like When I Grow Up by Pussycat Dolls, Damage by Danity Kane, (feat) Akon's Dangerous, Kate Perry's I Kissed A GIRL (not "I Kiss"), Chris Brown & Jordin Sparks' No Air, and Rihanna's Take A Bow and Disturbia are played in every session in a day.
If I'm not mistaken, there was one day (during working hours) that Three Days Grace's Never Too Late was played once ONLY (compared to the songs I mentioned above).
I'm not trying to say that Hitz FM is boring or what, I know basically all the local radio stations are the same.
I don't know if there is any rules to put a song on air or what.
I realised there are LOADS of way cooler songs than the one I've been listening in the radio.
There are a lot of talent musicians/band.
One of them is Kate Voegele (She appeared in One Tree Hill Season 5. Her album is great)
And I just found Secondhand Serenade from iTunes radio (it's not a band, only one member)
iTunes radio is pretty awesome. Although songs I mentioned above are played in iTunes, but they are played once only (as far as I can remember).
There are still a lot of musicians that can be found in MySpace.
One Tree Hill is another source for me to listen to songs that rarely or never played in radio.

I find it funny that Kate Perry's I Kissed (A Girl) is censored.
I know it's not the radio station's fault. They are obeying the censorship board' rules.
So I guess the reason the two words is censored coz IT'S WRONG to kiss a same gender, si?
I thought the other day there was this trying-to-work-something-out-on-the-discrimination-of-homosexual article in The Star.
So by censoring it, it's like telling me that it's wrong and immoral to kiss a same gender.
Who has the right to say this is wrong?
To me, as long the action does not bring harm to anyone, physically or emotionally, then it's fine.

Anyway, censoring a song is still tolerable, however, censoring a rated 18PL, 18SG, etc movie is intolerable and it's pissing me off.
Do you get my point? I mean, for example, the movie Wanted is rated 18SG, and yet they cut quite a number of short scene. Like when they were cursing using the word 'fuck', and a kissing scene. Holy cow! They censored Angelina Jolie kissing the cute lil guy. As far as I remembered, they were fully dressed, they weren't groping boobies or ass, they weren't having sex either.
So.....were they french-kissing? I don't know coz the cinema cut that part.
Damn! I thought it is rated as 18SG? And then what's the point of rating any movies if anyhow some scenes will be censored?
By doing this, it's like I'm being controlled/told on what I should watch and what I should not.

Sigh~
Sometimes I just don't understand such things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anodynous Roxy said...

You should listen to Red 104.9, it plays really great songs...not like Hitz or Fly. I just heard this cool song called 32 Flavours by Ani diFranco. I'd rather listen to Red than any other station that OVERPLAYS certain song (with the exception of Magic Rainbow and I'm Yours, that is).

You know my view on this, which is why I rather spend time with my *cough* boyfriend *cough* on the laptop.

UPDATE! YOU WENT TO SEE MY BOYS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T UPDATED!
*pouts*

August 2, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home